- FIND (Search file for hex or ASCII strings. There is an error in
the documentation here as it requires ‘??’ for wild hex bytes.)
- File compress/uncompress suite
- Memory testing utilities
- PIP (with all the bugs fixed)
- FINDBAD (Collects bad sectors into single file)
- SD (Sorted Directory listings with file sizes)
- SPEED (Check for speed of PERTEC disk drives)
- STATUS (Displays RAM size, TPA size, BIOS start etc.)
- SUB (or EXSUB – replacement for SUBMIT)
- TRANSLAT (Converts 8080
to Z80 mnemonics)
- SWEEP (For moving files from disk to disk)
- UN (Removes protection from protected MBASIC files)
- UNERASE (Unerase files)
- UNSPOOL (Provides background file printing)
- HELP (Online help facility)
- WHATSNEW (Displays changes to disk directory)
My only critisism of these centres on UNSPOOL, for which only source is
supplied, as it would not compile with M80 until tweaked a little. This is one
program that should have been supplied as a COM file. Having said that, the
source of UNSPOOL supplies the solution of how to write programs that can
relocate themselves (and also reveals the purpose of the ‘r’ on every second
line of SYS listings).
Well that was a brief review! Not so much a review as a list of what’s on
the disk. Considering the number of useful programs packed onto the disk it
must be value for money as are both CCPZ and BDOSZ.
This magazine also represents excellent value for money (a Superbrain
friend of mine eyed it enviously). Readers, support your magazine with more
letters and articles; Editor, what has happened to all the issues this year?
Hantarex RGB standard res. monitor suitable for Nascom
in very good
condition and little used. Nascom AVC Model B also little used. Offers for
either to C Tame, Nuneaton (____) ______.
Nascom 2 in Kenilworth case with fan. 32K
board. NASSYS 1, NasPen,
ZEAP, NasGra. £100. ASR33 teletype also available on stand in acoustic case.
£30. Telephone Ampthill (____) ______ (Beds.).
Nascom 2 with CP/M and Nas-Dos,
card (full 256K), Nascom AVC with
CP/M and Nas-Dos software, Nascom FDC, one SSDD disk drive in twin drive box
and PSU, Gemini 5A PSU and 8 slot backplane in rack frame. Gemini EPROM Board
with all the usual firmware, Bits and PC’s EPROM Programmer – lots of spare
2708’s and 2716’s, PAL Encoder Card (needs attention). Nascom 1 with 32K
Card and Basic Rom, Cottis-Blandford interface, 3A PSU (needs attention). Lots
of disk and tape software and all the manuals. Offers for whole or parts to:
Dr David Plews Tel. Steeton (____) _____.